Welcome little kitty!

 

Today I welcomed my little kitty friend! I have always wanted to have my real life kitty in miniature. The name of my real kitty is Plumette and she is such a sweetie. She loves to cuddle and sleep with me. Isn’t she cute?  





And there is the little fluff on the comfortable chair, looking if there is any food on the table!


I have been collecting hair of her since a couple of months (and since she has so much and long hair,  there is always hair everywhere….) and I intented to once try to make her. I watched a lot of tutorials. This one helped me a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHYTTCVIXOU

However I started from a plastic figurine instead of making it from polymer clay. I had bought polymer clay, but I was to impatient and wanted to start immediately with adding the hair. I used this cat by Schleich.


First I started to paint the eyes in the right brigh blue color and put a little bit of glossy varnish on. When dry I painted the whole cat in the right colors.

I started by coloring the white hair (I could only collect white hair) with pencils to get the right shade of the nose and the tail. Then I cut the colored hair in realy small pieces, like you cut herbs, but even smaller, so it was just like dust. I used mod podge over the face and paws and add the ‘hairdust’ all over it. Then I moved to the tail. I cut some strands of 1 cm hair and glued it on to the tail.
It looked quite funny at this point, but it came along quite well. 

 


Then I moved to the body. Using the same technique like I used for the tail. I tried to folow the direction of real fur when applicating the stands of hair. I used a different glue here that sticks better than mod podge. 



At least I finished the head. I covered it in short pieces white fur and some longer grey fur at the cheeks.
And finally the result!


Oh she has moved to the chair in the corner, ready to take a nap! 














Comments

  1. What a beautiful cat! You did a wonderful job capturing her likeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea to start with a plastic kitty. You did an incredible job of making it look just like Miss Plumette. You have inspired me to try this technique myself. Thank you so much! - Marilyn D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try this! It was so much fun!

      Delete
  3. So realistic that at first I thought I was looking at Plumette in your dining room! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee Hubfre! Your patience and skill have turned that cute resin kitty into an award winning feline queen! Just beautiful! It was so sweet of Plumette (named for Lumiere's girlfriend?) to donate her hair for you! Thanks for sharing the video - it would be a lot of fun to create a wonderful little friend, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Haha yes she is named after Lumière girlfriend 😂.

      Delete
  5. Plumette is gorgeous, and her Mini-Me is breathtaking! You are truly a very talented inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just outstanding! and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The exterior part 2

The making of the breakfast room