Expansion plans

 For almost a year I have been in love with my Beacon Hill, but yet I always dreamed of the big dollhouses with numerous and spacious rooms. The Beacon Hill has a fairly large number of rooms. But since I want them to be spacious I'm planning on removing some walls. So it happened now and then that I was doubting if it wouldn't be better to start again with a bigger dollhouse. In the mean time I finished the breakfast room and I couldn't find a bigger dollhouse that I would like more. So I decided to expand my Beacon Hill. 

I had been searching for people who also had expand there Beacon Hill. I hoped to find some inspiration how I could do it the best way. But I couldn't find anything like what I had in mind. So my first thought was that I would build an expansion from scratch. After I give it some thought, I realised it would be very difficult to make something that would blend in perfectly with the house I already had. I wanted the same windows, roof... So I decided I needed another Beacon Hill. Like I said in an earlier post, it is almost impossible to find a Beacon Hill in Belgium. I was extremely lucky to find already one about a year ago, so my chances were very small. I placed an advertisement on a second hand market and against all odds someone in my neighbourhood  reacted! So here my new adventure starts! 

I made a collage of pictures I found on pinterest of which style I want to do. It a bit messy but it gives an idea of how my Beacon Hill should look after my renovation! 



I started a couple of days ago with building a part of the 'new' Beacon Hill. I only need a piece and I'm mirroring it, so it will be just as if I had in mind. It will take me some time, but it's coming along quite well. It will be tricky when I have to make the original roof flow into the new one. But I'll see when I get there. I made a gazebo in paper to make it visual. For now I also made a (very quick and simplistic) sketch of how I picture it in my mind. The main shape of the intersection of the house will be like a L 

The ground floor will become the dining room and the two rooms above will be together one library.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The exterior part 2

Welcome little kitty!

The making of the breakfast room