Getting started

 Last spring, I started working on my (first) dollhouse. After some research on the internet, I was convinced I wanted a Beacon Hill from Greenleaf. I love Pinterest and what beautiful inspiration I saw there! At that point, the idea was to build the dollhouse as originally. Just build it, choose a nice colour and done. 

The first problem was to buy a Beacon Hill. I live in Belgium and it is almost impossible to find a Beacon Hill here. They are usually not shipped because of the size of the package, even on the official site unfortunately it didn't work out. I was so lucky to find the dollhouse in my neighbourhood through a second-hand site. It was already built, painted and furnished. So instead of a construction project, it became a renovation project. 

                                                           the original house before renovation started

I started by removing everything I wanted to change. Along the journey I got more and more the idea that I wanted a French style. I'll take you through my renovation project of the past year, and the one to come! I had the idea of creating a blog for a while, but I was too busy renovating. But now I intent to make time regularly! 

P.S. If you see something in the pictures and I didn't mentioned where it's from, feel free to ask!

Comments

  1. What luck that you were able to find the Beacon Hill! How do you feel about renovating versus building the house yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renovating is a lot of work and it's hard when you want to make some changes, but I think building is more stressful haha. I'm always afraid that I will glue it together wrong

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The exterior part 2

The making of the breakfast room

Welcome little kitty!