The outside of the French chateau

For the outside (and inside) I'm going for a French look. What bothered me the most was de siding of the original dollhouse. It doesn't look French at all. So I tried to find a way to remove it. The easiest way seemed to cover the walls with clay. I used Darwi clay classic. I placed it in a very thin layer and then pushed it with a flat surface, so it would be as flat as possible. When it was dry I sanded the wall and filled the cracks with spackle. It took me around 3 days for one wall.

I also replaced the original front door with a bigger and more elegant one and placed it in the middle of the wall. Some time ago I already removed the porch. Instead I will create a small balcony on the first floor. 



On Etsy I bought some decorations for the windows. I put them in place temporally with some tape, but it gives an idea how the final result will look. 


Comments

  1. I like what you're doing with the exterior. The windows are fantastic! I was thinking of changing the milled siding on a house that I have, so I was interested to read how you did it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a lot of work the way I did it, but I think it was totally worth it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The exterior part 2

Welcome little kitty!

The making of the breakfast room