Welcome in the hallway


After I finished the breakfast room it's time to move to the hallway. I like large and impressive hallways, they are the reflection of the house. So I had big plans with the hallway!
First I wanted another frontdoor. I never liked the door of the original Beacon Hill and I think it's odd that it is not in the middle of the wall when you look from the front side. However if you look inside it is logical because of the stairs. So I had to remove the stairs too. Which I didn't mind, because I don't like them either.

 I decided to made one big room instead of the hallway and the little (kitchen)room next to it. I cut out the shape of an arch to connect both rooms. The smaller room will be the stairwell. I also covered the windows on the left side, because the stairs will be against that wall. On the outside I will also remove the windows and there will be a gazebo next to it. 


For the walls I used the same method as used in the breakfast room. I removed the wallpaper with water, sanded the walls, and covered them with non-woven wallpaper. 

For the floor I knew I wanted a marble look. I looked on the internet for tiles, but they were all quite expensive and I couldn't find anything exactly like what I was searching for. So I decided to make them myself. I googled how to paint faux marble and I started to paint on cardboard. I was surprised by how well it came out. Unfortunately I don't have picture anymore of the final result. I made my own tiles by cutting the cardboard in pieces and started working on a pattern I like. 



After a lot of puzzeling and measuring I finally finished my floor. The next step is designing the stairs. The stairs will be angled and will be placed where you see missing tiles.






Comments

  1. What a classy floor! Was the final tile result made from cardboard as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes I used the painted cardboard to cut out the tiles.

      Delete
  2. You are an inspiration! I have gutted a Willowcrest by Greenleaf and ready to start rebuilding. I don’t know how to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh the willowcrest is such a nice dollhouse! It wasn't possible to follow indeed, but I solved the problem

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The exterior part 2

Welcome little kitty!

The making of the breakfast room